The list could go on!MOBILE ANKLES – WE NEED YOU!
I can tell you right now that if you do not address a stiff ankle, it probably won’t fix itself!
Ideally, ankle joints should move in a healthy range of toes up (dorsiflexion Image A) and toes down (plantarflexion Image B). Ankle joint range can reduce over time resulting in less movement of toes up/down.
QUICK TEST! Try it out yourself!
Left and right foot – point toes UP
Left and right foot – point toes DOWN
Are you noticing the same range through both ankles? Does one bend more than the other?
Common compensations include:
- Rolling in or turning out of ankles during squat
- Arch collapsing in a squat
- Hip and pelvis rotation during squat
- Knee dropping in with a lunge
- Calf muscles overworking to assist the ankle
- Shin splints from from shin muscles overworking
- Extra pronation/ankle roll in while running
Ankles respond quickly to basic mobility work!
Conversely a well functioning ankle will give you power and strength you never thought you had!Are you ready to:
- Improve your squat depth?
- Lunge smoothly and controlled?
- Avoid injuries before they even start?!
If your ankles are giving you grief then give these a go.
Remember mobility is EASY to get but HARD to keep!
Regular mobility work pre or post wod is KEY.
We promise you’ll notice improvements with squat depth!
With you every step of the way!
P: (08) 7226 9901